Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top 10 of 2010

Okey dokes, here's the list of my top 10 of 2010 - in no particular order...

 
1. Discovering Jon Acuff and his Stuff Christians Like blog: Ohmyword, if you grew up in the church, like myself, then you will be highly entertained by this guy. His blog is hilarious and so relatable. The first time I read it I believe I spent about 2 hours perusing the archives, tears rolling down my cheeks from laughter (let's not focus on how that related to my social life at the time). Every Wednesday he does a "serious post" and it always touches my heart. He has also written two books: Stuff Christians Like and his newer one, Gazelles, Baby Steps, and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt. Here's the blog link: http://stuffchristianslike.net/

  
2. Caleb's First Big Snow: When I was growing up I could usually count on having one good snow every winter. But because of global warming...or whatever...it doesn't happen that often anymore. I was so excited to play in the snow and make memories with my boy. We had a blast!


 
3. Adopting Buster: In early spring my mother and I set out on a mission: to convince my dad that they needed to get a dog. What was the biggest selling point? "Every child needs a dog growing up. Caleb would just love it." I know, I know, we didn't play fair. So all four of us visited our local animal shelter and became smitten with this beagle-Jack Russell mix. Dad reluctantly agreed and the rest is history. Buster is a great dog and has become a spoiled true family member. He is crazy about Caleb and vice-versa. And I can now say with 87% certainty my dad would probably lay down his life for this dog. See? We knew best all along...


 
4. Caleb's Milestones: My sunshine boy graduated from kindergarten, turned 6, started first grade, and lost his first tooth. Actually he's now lost 4 teeth and counting. Will someone please tell him to stop growing up so fast? He also asked Jesus to come into his heart on his birthday, and I was so so so happy to lead him in that prayer.



5. Myrtle Beach Trip: We went to the beach with my mom again this past summer, and it was heavenly as always. We stayed 5 whole days, and I would've stayed forever. Or at least until the end of the summer. Life is just simpler there, and I can't think of a better way to spend my time than playing in the sand with people I love, marveling at the ocean and how the God Who created that has such crazy love for me, and relaxing poolside in a hammock.



6. Hearing Mat Kearney in Concert: If you haven't heard of Mat Kearney, do yourself and favor and get thee to iTunes. A friend and I saw him at a local cafe, and he was ah-ma-zing! It was an acoustic set, and he is just as good live as he is on his albums. That is a rarity these days, people.



7. The First (of many) Visits to OK Cafe and The Melting Pot: OK Cafe has true make-you-slap-yo-mama Southern cooking (I am not advocating slapping anyone's mama). I hope that when I get to Heaven and am shown my mansion, there is a platter of OK Cafe mac and cheese on the table. It's down-home cookin' with an easy, laid-back feel.... The Melting Pot is all about fondue and has a fancier atmosphere. Instead of a 4-course meal, I usually just do the cheese fondue appetizer (the spinach artichoke is my fave), the house salad, and dessert fondue (the flaming turtle with added peanut butter tastes like a melted Snickers bar - songs should be written about it). The main entree' involves cooking your own meat over the open flame, which I'm sure is wonderful, but I have e coli-phobia.



8. IKEAhhhhhhhhhhhhh: The first time I went there I felt like the mothership was calling me home. Cheap, cute furniture and accessories...stylish, affordable office/organizational stuff...and cinnamon rolls the size of frisbees. I want this store in my life on a regular basis. I want it to be my new BFF. 



9. Sports-related Firsts: We took Caleb to his first UT orange and white game, and he was IN AWE. Seeing Neyland Stadium is considered a Tennessee boy's rite of passage... I went to my first Braves game and had such fun doing the Tomahawk Chop and watching them pull out a ninth-inning win...I saw the Atlanta Falcons play and it was my first live NFL game experience. Football is my favorite, so I LOVED IT. I want to go again and again and again...And last but not least, my man and I went to the TN-KY game with friends. The Wildcats have lost to the VOLS for many years, and I truly thought the record might be broken, BUT WE WON! We had a blast, even the very handsome KY fan who, bless his heart, had to put up with my hootin' and a hollerin' and trash talkin' throughout the game. But our love is stronger than SEC rivalries...


10. The Arrival of Mr. Godly Manly Hunka Yumminess: I cannot count the ways this man has rocked my world. I am so blessed to have him and so thankful that we love, cherish, trust, respect, protect, and challenge one another. I couldn't have hand-picked a better person to share life's adventures with. He is an answer to so many prayers...I could go on and on, but I don't want to make anyone sick...You're welcome :)


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment