The small, significant, and in-between events of our family. No matter what life throws our way, we are blessed :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Monday, January 10, 2011
Best. Christmas. Ever.
Before I go into our Christmas 2010 festivities, I just have to share this. I absolutely wore this video out during the holidays. Take a look-see and enjoy...
I have to say that this Christmas was absolutely perfect. It was relaxing, festive, fun, and I got to spend time with the people I love most on this earth. We enjoyed old traditions and started some new ones. AND we actually had a white Christmas. It was the perfect end to a wonderful year.
Our annual visit to Rock City's Enchanted Garden of Lights. We warmed up with some Starbucks, saw thousands of lights (surprise!), decorated gingerbread men, and Caleb sat on Santa's lap and rattled off his extensive wish list.
Breakfast with Santa at school (I'm going to pretend I don't notice the look of "Oh, my lap!" on this Santa's face)
Last day of school before Christmas break. We're both soooooooo ready!
At the annual family Christmas dinner - also known as the Let's See How Many Calories We Can Intake and How Much Damage We Can Do to Our Arteries dinner. 'Tis the season!
Baking cookies for Santa. We go ALL OUT for this. Blood, sweat, and tears go into placing those circles just so on the cookie sheet. (And yes, I am aware of the mixer in the background. Isn't it pretty to look at?)
Christmas Eve at Mamaw and Pap's. They spoil him just a WEE bit.
This is Jack, our Elf On the Shelf. He leaves us new pajamas on Christmas Eve before he goes back to the North Pole with Santa. It's one of my favorite new traditions for our family.
Writing his letter to Santa. In an Ironman Mask he got earlier that evening. I instantly felt safer knowing I had a world-famous crimefighter under my roof.
So excited for the big man to arrive! He did not go to sleep until after midnight. At what age is Tylenol pm safe for children? (Oh, I kid).
We woke up to THIS on Christmas morning! I couldn't believe God had given us a true white Christmas. So special and rare here. It was beautiful!
Christmas LOOT and one very happy boy :)
Stocking Time for the little guy...
...and for the big kids too.
Celebrating Christmas with Mr. Amazing's family. Such a fun time! And have you ever seen a better-looking Santa?
We hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday :)
I am a southern girl through and through. I enjoy a slow pace and very rarely get in a hurry, which can get me into trouble. I am incredibly detail-oriented and analytical. Maybe too much at times! I also love Italian food, Mexican food, and anything chocolate. I must have a piece of dark chocolate everyday. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it...the colors, the smell of burning leaves, football season, the need for a sweater...it's just cozy. My favorite place on earth is the beach. Put me on a beach and I am a happy woman. I adore being a mom to an awesome son. I can hardly remember life before him, except that I was much more rested. I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man who cherishes me and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet...even when I am without makeup or running a high fever. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He gives me everything I need for each day, and I am so thankful for the many ways He proves His love for me. Really, I just want my life to praise Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment