Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Randomness and Ramblings

My last blog post was in July??? 

Seems I took myself a blog vacation. I can just hear your sighs of relief that I'm back because I know you've been ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEATS waiting for my next post. Well, maybe two of you have. Ok, one. Love you, Mom.

This is going to be in list form so I can cover the various topics and updates running through my mind...

1. Caleb started first grade. This makes no sense because he's still just two. Seriously, where does the time go? He loves his teacher...but "all the work?" Not so much. He asks me how much longer he has to go to school, and I don't have the heart to tell him 15 years, including college.

2. After having my house on the market for awhile, it finally went under contract. BUT, the sale fell through. So it's back on the market once again. God definitely has another plan, but I do hope that plan includes my house selling verrrrrrrry soon. 

3. I got new furniture! And I love it! I only got it because my old furniture wasn't going to fit in my "new house" (which is not going to happen: see #2 above), but my furniture is completely "me" now and I know I'll have it a long time, no matter where I end up.

4. I'm absolutely saddened that Steve Carell is leaving The Office after this season. I don't know what's going to happen to the show once he's gone, but if it continues I'll be there.  However the thought of no more, "That's what she said"s and his silly antics?? Oh, the tragedy.

5. In other tv news, Modern Family is a true television jewel. It's in the second season and continues to be A HOOT. For those needing gift ideas, I'd like season 1 on dvd for Christmas... (Mom and Dad? You are reading this, right?)

6. As a hardcore Vols fan, I haven't been too pleased with our season. PAINFUL. But I have thoroughly been enjoying the downfall of the Cowboys. If you're a fan, I'm sorry. 

7. Speaking of sports, I experienced two sports-related firsts recently. #1: I went to a Braves game. It was so fun! And the down-to-the-9th-inning-win made it very exciting. #2: I went to my first NFL game where I ate quite possibly the best hot dog ever and watched the Falcons be victorious. It wasn't the Titans, but I had A BALL.

8. I have embraced three fashion trends that I thought would never grace my closet: booties (of the shoe variety), leggings, and cowboy boots. Mark my words now though, if shoulder pads come back in style I refuse to partake in that.

9. IKEA (cue angelic choir). Dear Lord, thank You for inspiring such a place. What did I ever do without it and its cinnamon rolls? Clearly, my life was incomplete.

10. And saving the best for last...*drumroll*...

I have found Mr. Godly Manly Hunka Yumminess. Actually, I've known him since high school. And he's AMAZING. A real-life Jim Halpert, only better. I'm finding things in him that I never knew I had been missing. I love our story - I know God has written it Himself. He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet - even when I'm wearing no makeup or I'm nauseous with a fever and strep throat. I couldn't be more thankful :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this babe...you are the greatest, the hottest, and the most amazing, Godly woman I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all... Lee has never played basketball (well) Secondly, Where are your glowing admonitions for friends of your Mr. Godly Manly Hunka Yumminess...

    ReplyDelete