As I stated before, this past Christmas was 57 kinds of awesomeness. The one little glitch was my paid-for Toyota Avalon was totaled when someone ran a red light and rammed into the side of my car. BUT it certainly could've been worse.
Mr. Amazing was driving and I was in the passenger's seat (thankfully, Caleb wasn't with us). Other than a small scratch on my face, a very sore elbow and chest, and both of us being quite shaken up, we were fine. The police officer said he couldn't believe I wasn't hurt. The reason I believe it is summed up with Psalm 91:11 "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."
Soooooooo I was suddenly in the market for a new car (new = used but new to me), but I wasn't too excited about having a car payment again. I prayed God would provide a great vehicle at an affordable price, did some online research, and talked with insurance people at length regarding payoff, car rentals, and so on.
Dealing with another person's insurance company when I am the no-fault party is a recipe for GOOD TIMES I TELL YOU.
I found a Honda Pilot EX-L online and was instantly interested. The more I looked into it, the better I felt. Then when I test drove it I became smitten. From that point on, everything worked out beautifully.
I love her. I want to give her a name but am waiting on an inspirational moment. I've always wanted a white vehicle. She came with a built in DVD player to the delight of my son (and to any adult who rides with children on a trip for longer than 30 minutes). She has fold-down third row seating (for future friends or in case I give birth to triplets next). And what has become my favorite feature of hers in this cold winter season? The seat warmers. Well done, Honda. Well done.
So just like so many times before, God took a bad thing and turned it into a blessing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment