Today I turn 36. My dad likes to say that another bombshell was dropped on December 7. Thank you, Daddy :) In honor of today, I've decided to make a list of the lessons my life has taught me thus far (and I could have listed a lot more than just 36).
I have learned...
1. God speaks to His children daily...most of the time in a whisper.
2. to embrace my curvy figure. Besides, I'm told most men prefer curves :)
3. I really DO have more energy after I exercise.
4. I enjoy running. I only recently discovered this after many years of saying I only run when being chased or when crossing a dark parking lot.5. screaming into a pillow is just as effective as screaming out loud.
6. first-graders are the most honest people on the planet.
7. I definitely look and feel better with a tan, but no tan is worth skin damage. The answer? Mystic Tan!
8. legs do look great in high heels.
9. I can be cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money...hello Target!
10. no matter what your situation, you can make your home the happiest place on earth.
11. love is not a fairytale. I don't believe in fairytales, but I DO believe in LOVE. And I will fight like crazy for a love worth having.
12. my true worth is in my Savior.
13. I can't always be in control.
14. to appreciate my southern roots - drawl and all, y'all :)
15. no one has a spotless house all the time. if they do, it's not really a home.
16. being a people-pleaser is exhausting and really not in line with God's Word.
17. I can never stop at just one really good cookie or brownie.
18. there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that I can't handle as long as I rely on God's strength.
19. I have a huge cheering section of incredible family and friends.
20. "dancing/singing it out" is great therapy.
21. politeness is a must in almost every situation.
22. the above ^ goes out the window when someone threatens my child's or my own well-being.
23. I should not settle for anything less than the amazing future I know God has planned for me.
24. when fear tries to creep in, praise and pray.
25. my parents really did know what they were talking about.
26. I will never be the type of person who can function on 4-5 hours of sleep regularly.
27. God's dealings with me may not have always been what I wanted, but they were always what I needed.
28. to love - and I do mean LOVE - dark chocolate.
29. a positive attitude really does make all the difference.
30. one of the main reasons I was put on this earth is to raise a family. I adore being a mommy.
31. God's plans put my best dreams to shame.
32. it's impossible to be in a bad mood when: I have a purring cat in my lap, I'm watching The Office, I'm eating a really scrumptious dessert, I'm snuggling, I'm being hugged by a child, or when I see my sunshine boy's smile or hear his infectious laugh.
33. there is no better setting on this earth than a beach.
34. sometimes you need to get lost in a good book.
35. when the one thing I thought was the most secure in my life crumbled, I realized my true security is in Jesus.
36. the best is yet to come :)






No comments:
Post a Comment