Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In the Merry Old Month of May

I realized I have not blogged at all this month, and there have been some monumental occasions. So let's get right down to it...


Caleb graduated from kindergarten on May 3rd. One of the most precious things I've ever witnessed. A hoard of 5-6 year olds in caps and gowns. They marched in to Pomp and Circumstance, looking so grown-up. Then awards were given out. Caleb received the citizenship award for his class, along with an Academic Excellence award. He also was recognized as being one of only two children in his class who haven't pulled their behavior card ALL YEAR LONG. Wow. This is a feat worthy of being proud of. Although I know he will pull his card at some point in his elementary years. Probably more than once. I'm not in denial here.


Then the diplomas were handed out. Ohmygoodness, it was so darn cute. After that, our music teacher read Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury. If you are a parent, this is a must-read. It's about how we recognize our children's "firsts" but may not recognize their "lasts." That sent me over the edge, tears freely flowing. Then I thought about how the next time I will see Caleb in a cap and gown will be when he graduates from high school. I was a goner from then on.

After a rousing rendition of First-grade, First-grade (sung to the tune of New York, New York), caps were thrown into the air and 100 more pictures were taken.


The very next day I went with Caleb's class on a field trip to the TN Valley Railroad and Chuck E. Cheese. We had a lot of fun, and it was totally worth me paying $18 for a personal pizza. 


Mother's Day. I love this day. I think about the day my sunshine boy was born and how very thankful I am that God has allowed me to be a mom. On this day Caleb asked, "Do I get a present too?" Gotta love the selflessness of a child when it comes to watching others receive gifts.


A day at Lake Winnie. I have so many fond memories of this amusement park. I went many times throughout my childhood and teen years, and now I get to experience it with Caleb. We had a sticky, sweaty, wonderful time! He loves all the rides and is very close to being 48 inches tall, which will give him the opportunity to ride EVERYTHING. I'm personally hoping they advance the height requirement to 6ft tall for The Cannonball - a verrrrry old roller coaster that has about 20 jerky climbs and drops. I've said many a prayer on that thing. 


Caleb's 6th Birthday. I started typing about this day and realized I will have to do a separate post about it. Too much to cover right now, and condensing things is not one of this detail-oriented gal's strong points...

School has ended and we have officially started our summer break. Hallelujah, glory be, and praise His name! I hope to blog more now that I have more time...although the subject matter may not be very compelling. It is summer after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment