After an unusually cold and snowy winter, spring has officially sprung in Tennessee. And I officially have spring fever. I love spring. After fall, it's my favorite season. Being a teacher, most people wonder why summer isn't my favorite season. Well, because I live in the south and I don't enjoy the heat and humidity that make even breathing a chore. Not unless I'm near a pool or the ocean. Then bring it on, I say.
Do you know how Oprah kicks off the spring season with a "favorite things show?" And she gives away all this incredible loot? And the people in her audience have a shoutin' session because they have entered into the paradise of giveaways?
This blog entry is a take on that...except there will be no amazing giveaways...and I will in no way be compensated for listing my personal favorite spring things (although I am not above that, should by some miracle anyone in the higher-ups of these companies get wind of my affection. I'm just sayin').
So to welcome this glorious season here's a list of my favorite things for spring...
Old Navy flip-flops: I LOVE THESE FLIP-FLOPS. They are affordable, cute, comfy, and come in every color of the rainbow (and then some). I own about 8 pairs at the moment, and I'm sure I won't stop there...
O.P.I. Hong Kong Collection: These colors are so much fun! My faves so far are "Pearl of Wisdom" (an iridescent pearl with a hint of pale pink) and "Dim Sum Plum" (a bright plum color that just screams spring). Every color evokes vibrant cheeriness. And you need pretty toes when you wear all those cute springy sandals.
Starbucks Light Caramel Frappuccino: For a coffee-lover like myself, this is the perfect warm-weather treat. And yeah, even though I order the light version I still get the whipped cream. C'mon now, a girl has her healthy-choice limits...
Daisies: "I love daisies. They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" -Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail.....Why yes, Meg, I would have to agree. I love this little blooming beauty. The simple, understated, classy flower that doesn't try too hard. Give me a brightly colored bouquet of these over roses anyday. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when a vase of daisies is staring you in the face.
Chicken salad: My all-time favorite sandwich and cracker-topper. Perfect for a lazy picnic or a dinner party. And it doesn't get any better than Jenkin's chicken salad! If you have ever been to my hometown, then you know the yummy goodness of which I speak. People have been known to travel many miles for it. It puts you in a happy place.
Capri pants: Much like the Old Navy flip-flops, I have MANY pairs of capri pants. You can dress them up or down, and they look great with heels or flats. A nice alternative to the Daisy Duke shorts out there that leave nothing to the imagination. I'm not blessed in the height department, so sometimes capri pants can look like high-waters on me. My favorite petite brands are from Old Navy (the online store has many options) and JCPenney. Both are affordable, cute, and hold up really well.
Wedge sandals and peep-toe stilettos: I am a girly girl all the way, so you will hardly ever see me in completely flat shoes (except the O.N. flip-flops of course). A wedge sandal is great for work and a dressy-casual outing. Peep-toe stilettos are good for when you want to feel ultra-feminine and appeal to those with a Y chromosome. Trust me, many guys have told me that heels that show some toe are right up there with high-powered tools.
Shrugs: The little cardigan that could. Small in size but mighty in style, these are great for days when you want to wear a favorite sundress but you may need to cover up a bit. I have a few in "staple colors" and they are a go-to on chillier spring mornings and evenings.
Pineapple Orchid home fragrance by Slatkin and Co: You can find this at Bath & Body Works and it smells like a spring paradise.
LAMB perfume by Gwen Stefani: It's light, fresh, and clean without being overly sweet or fruity. This is the fragrance I grab day after day in the warmer months, and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. And who doesn't like being told they "smell so good"?
So, there you have it, my list of favorite spring things in all its glory. Oprah would be jealous, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment